Be an Energy Specialist!
Are you aged 15 to 22? Are you passionate about helping people and helping the environment? Can you work as part of a team? Are you self-motivated?
Apply today for a fun job marketing and making Green House Calls in your neighborhood. Those with second languages (Spanish, in particular) are encouraged to apply. Positions are available in Santa Rosa, Hayward, Lafayette-Moraga, Walnut Creek, Oakland, Fremont, Antioch, Dublin, Fairfield, Vallejo, Vacaville, Suisun City, Martinez, Stockton, Lathrop, Manteca, Tracy.
Here's what you'll be doing
You'll be working from a local office in your community, as part of a team of eight to twelve people. First, you'll be trained in outreach, customer service, and energy efficiency. Then, you'll be teamed up with a partner to go into the field and perform Green House Calls. You'll check out each home, including bathrooms, kitchen, attic and yard, and make recommendations about how to improve energy and water efficiency. You will also make the following improvements in the home:
- replace old light bulbs with energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- replace old showerheads with water-efficient aerated shower heads
- install aerators to make faucets water-efficient
- check toilets for leaks and water-efficiency
- investigate attics and check insulation
- advise residents on how to save even more
- perform between three and six Green House Calls each day
Do I need certain grades to be hired?
Your school grades are less important than your attitude and your personality to apply for this position.
You'll learn to install energy efficient lightbulbs
You'll learn to install retractable clotheslines
You'll have fun and meet new friends while making a positive impact in your community and on the environment.