Find skilled employees through GETS
When you decide to add a crew member to your team, you will want to find the most qualified candidates. Let the Rising Sun Energy Center team help you. If you post your opening on Craigslist, you have no idea who will apply. But with a GETS graduate, you get a qualified applicant who:
· Is OSHA 10 certified
· Can identify and properly use the tools of the construction trade
· Knows basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC skills
· Has hands-on experience framing a wall, installing a window and door, hanging and patching drywall
· Has been trained on how to install most types of insulation
· Has been introduced to the fundamentals of Building Performance
· Has experience setting up and taking down Blower Doors
· Has hands-on experience with expanding air foam, caulking and weatherstripping
· Has been part of a team auditing a real home with real problems
WE CAN HELP!
Sending out job postings, screening resumes, and doing interviews takes time. We can save you time by:
· Identifying strong candidates that are a good match for your open positions
· Pre-screening resumes
· Organizing individual and group interviews.
· Providing retention support to help new hires be successful
· Connecting you to hiring incentives to help offset your initial costs
Employers as stakeholders in GETS
To assist with job placement and to align the GETS curriculum with industry needs, Rising Sun has created the GETS Employer Council. The GETS Employer Council is composed of representatives from home performance and solar companies, general contractors, and building trades unions. Participation in the GETS Employer Council empowers employers to shape the GETS curriculum, to network, and to learn from each other about industry trends. Feedback from employers ensures that GETS graduates have the necessary skills to meet the professional standards of today's industry.
Rising Sun invites Bay Area firms to join the Employer Council!
To learn more about GETS, and to hire our graduates: Read more about the GETS program, or contact Elena Foshay, Director of Adult Programs, by phone at (510)665-1501 x201 or via email.
GETS trainees learn practical remediation techniques...
...and the technical knowledge to back them up.